Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 29: Re-Calibrating

Not really much to report on Transformation Road. Optimism rules.

I call it transformation, what it really seems to be is more of a re-calibration. It's not that I am desiring to be someone new. This has always been me on the inside. I'm mostly attempting to regain the physical part of who I used to be. Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyway, five straight weeks of 40 miles or more, an addictive meditation habit, a plant based dietary focus, and more pounds left by the wayside (or maybe the weigh-side) has me optimistic for the upcoming summer. I went sub 220 yesterday (219.2) and I was pretty happy about it. So that's 21 pounds OFF! Crazily, but awesomely: 50 to go.

While the weight loss isn't necessarily the primary focus, it is the manifestation of the healthier way I am choosing to be in the world. I'm fortunate to have good genes and have exploited them for years. No, not alcohol or drugs, just the other things almost as bad: Big Macs, six packs of Pepsi, Five Guys, and the like. The 3 P's made the world go round: Pepsi, Pizza, Pasta. Now it's salad, plant based soups, vegan enchiladas and the like. Frankly, I'm not sure why I waited so long. It has not been a difficult move in any way. I guess that's why it's working.

Running still sucks as this knee just has too many miles on it. The replacement will probably be happening in December now, given that's the best time for me to take 4-6 weeks off for the toughest part of the recovery. We'll see how it goes, but it sure can't be any worse. I am optimistic.

Actually, I AM optimistic and for whatever reason, certainly not my upbringing, I always have been. AND, I'm psyched. Things are on schedule.

Everything will be all right. And, as Patel, the manager in the Marigold Hotel movie said, “Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end."

1 comment:

  1. Meditation, exercising and running, these are the most important ways to improve your health care and to live a healthy and happy life. Listen to our podcast for innovative ideas regarding meditation, maintaining great physique. Each episode has ideas to spark your curiosity, lessons to learn from, and concepts to help bring us closer together in the healthcare space.
    running meditation podcast

    ReplyDelete

Closing Out A Mediocre Year

  As 2023 comes to an end, I would love to say it was a banner year. I just can't say that. For the most part, I struggled to get in any...