Thursday, December 30, 2010

BRRRRR!

Something about a very cold run that kind of cleans me out. Today the temp was low and falling, the humidity was up a bit and the wind was BLOWING! Kind of a Midwest sort of day.

I like running in that type of weather for three reasons. First, there's no one else out and that makes me feel tough, dedicated and unique! Then, there is the cold. When it's cutting right through me, I get the pleasure (?) of feeling how every part of my body is reacting. Every cell seems on alert. Finally, It's great to be finished. I love getting home and experiencing body thaw near the fireplace.

Luckily (?) for me, tomorrow it's supposed to be colder.

BRRRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out A Mediocre Year

  As 2023 comes to an end, I would love to say it was a banner year. I just can't say that. For the most part, I struggled to get in any...