Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Levels

Training progresses on steps - levels. As one becomes more fit, they proceed to the next level. These levels, while clear to the runner (when they are occurring) are next to impossible to predict and thus, tough to work into a plan.

I feel as though I have popped up to the next level this week. My easy runs are at a faster pace than before and my tempo pace is considerably is both quicker and covering more distance (they go together, right?) with the same effort.

Frankly, I am not surprised. After all, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I've been doing this awhile and know how it works. And with the combination of getting fitter and losing weight, it was bound to happen.

Doesn't mean I don't like it when it does!  :)

8 1/2 weeks till Napa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Out A Mediocre Year

  As 2023 comes to an end, I would love to say it was a banner year. I just can't say that. For the most part, I struggled to get in any...